Can You Get Financial Support from Your Immigration Sponsor Ex-Husband if He Accuses You of Being At Fault in Ending the Marriage?

[Also available on Reddit.]

Yes.  If your ex-spouse signed a Form I-864, Affidavit of Support, you are entitled to financial support. Period. This financial support exists even if he claims you are “at fault” or did something wrong to end the marriage.  The financial support is about $1,342 per month and only ends under very specific circumstances.   Fault is not one of them.